Courts Small Claim Info

(989) 831-7452

The Small Claims Division allows individuals to represent themselves in lawsuits to recover money or property worth $6,500 or less. There is no right to a lawyer, a jury trial, or to appeal the judge's ruling beyond this court.  A small claims court case is started with the filing of SCAO Form DC 84 found here. Forms may also be purchased from the court for $1 per page.

Further information about small claims court is also available at Michigan Legal Help