Courts Family/Juvenile Division

tn_benchHonorable Charles Simon III, Presiding Judge 
Montcalm County Juvenile Court
Court Complex
625 N. State Street
Stanton, MI 48888
Tel (989) 831-7308
Fax (989) 831-7548

Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.  


JURY LINE: (989) 831-7356

Kristi Jeffrey - Court Administrator
Amber Crandall - Juvenile Court Clerk
Rhonda Hansen - Juvenile Court Clerk
Amy Johnson - Juvenile Court Clerk

Probation Officers
Justin Chapman - Juvenile Probation Officer 
Addie Conrad - Juvenile Probation Officer
Tiffany McDowell - Juvenile Probation Officer

The Court and the Court's staff are prohibited by law from providing legal advice and assistance in completing forms. The information, forms, and instructions on this website are intended to provide general information concerning filing procedures and may be useful as a guide. They are not meant to be all-inclusive. For those proceedings that are contested or complex, it is recommended that you consult with an attorney for guidance.

Click Here for Adoption Information

Financial Information
To make a payment please click here and have your case or account number ready. For information about court costs, fines and restitution please see our Fee Schedule information. A Financial Information Form is required for every delinquency case when the court incurs any costs for services or attorney fees. 

Child Abuse and Neglect
The Department of Health and Human Services is responsible for the investigation of child abuse and neglect. Anyone can report the abuse or neglect of a child by calling 1-855-444-3911. Click here for more information about DHHS.

Personal Protection Orders (Minor)
The Juvenile Division handles Personal Protection Orders (PPO) against individuals who are 17 years of age or younger.

A personal protection action involves seeking an order from the court to protect you from harassment, assault, beating, molesting, wounding, or stalking by another person. The order can also prohibit a person from entering your premises and from removing minor children unless the removal is part of court-ordered parenting time. The person filing the petition for personal protection is called the petitioner. The person to be restrained by the personal protection order is called the respondent.  You may stop by the Juvenile Court Office to pick up forms for the purpose of obtaining a PPO against a juvenile.  If you have any questions feel free to contact the Juvenile Office at (989) 831-7308.

To emancipate a minor means to release a child under 18 years of age from parental control and supervision. If you are interested in Emancipation you can stop by the juvenile court for the appropriate forms.

The filing fee for emancipation is $185.00 and it is non-refundable.

Miscellaneous Topics
Under certain circumstances, a juvenile can get one or more adjudications set aside. To get more information on getting an adjudication set aside you can stop by the juvenile court office and pick up the appropriate forms.

Click on the link below to get information about other topics related to the Juvenile Court.

Waiver of Parental Consent for an Abortion

Internship & Volunteer Opportunities